Water and Sanitary Sewer to Memorial Hospital, Carthage, Illinois
PSBA provided professional services for design and construction of a 3,700 foot, 12 inch diameter, water transmission main from the intersection of Douglas and Main Streets in Carthage to the new Memorial Hospital southeast of Carthage. PSBA also provided professional services for design and construction of a 2,250 foot, 8 inch diameter sanitary sewer main extension from near the city’s waste water treatment plant to the new Memorial Hospital.
The water main was installed on IL DOT right of way (ROW), City of Carthage ROW and permanent easements acquired through private property.
The sanitary sewer main was installed on property owned by the City of Carthage and permanent easements acquired through private property.
Construction was substantially complete in April of 2009 and totally complete in May of 2009.
Elements of the project are as follows:
- 3,700 Feet of 12” PVC water main
- 352 feet of steel casing bore (Street & Highway) for 12” water main, including one 280 foot bore under U.S. Highway 336.
- Six (6) new fire hydrants
- 2,250 Feet of 8” dia. PVC sanitary sewer main
- One new sanitary sewer bar screen to serve the entire city of Carthage
- Nine (9) new sanitary sewer manholes
- 1,200 feet of silt fence
- Related water and sewer connections and surface restoration
- Project coordination with the City of Carthage and construction of the Memorial Hospital building and related site improvements.
- Surveying of the projects to provide design information
- Survey and Plats to facilitate acquisition of easements